What is CE MARK (“conformité européenne” – European conformity) Certification in Kenya?
CE marking is an administrative marking with which the manufacturer or importer affirms its conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that have been manufactured to EEA standards. This makes the CE marking recognizable worldwide even to people who are not familiar with the European Economic Area.
The CE marking is the manufacturer’s declaration that the product meets EU standards for health, safety, and environmental protection. The CE mark indicates that the product may be sold freely in any part of the European Economic Area, regardless of its country of origin. This makes the CE marking recognizable worldwide even to those unfamiliar with the EEA.
A CE Mark certification in Kenya is a symbol that must be affixed to many products before they can be sold on the European market. The general principles of CE marking:
- The CE marking shall be affixed only by the manufacturer or his authorized representative.
- The CE marking shall be affixed only to products to which its affixing is provided for by specific Community harmonization legislation, and shall not be affixed to any other product.
- By affixing or having affixed the CE marking, the manufacturer indicates that he takes responsibility for the conformity of the product with all applicable requirements set out in the relevant Community harmonization legislation providing for its affixing.
- The product is fit for its purpose and will not endanger lives or property
The presence of CE marking further indicates that appropriate technical documentation supporting the use of the mark is available and can be provided by the manufacturer, importer, or person responsible for placing the product on the EU market upon request.
Quality Catalyst is one of the best consulting firms that offer CE MARK Certification and Consulting in Kenya. As the leader in professional training, we draw on our years of worldwide experience to provide effective learning and development opportunities. We make a difference to individuals, teams and businesses, nurturing talent and enabling continuous organizational progression. So get started on your road to CE MARK Certification today.
What are the steps to achieve CE MARK Certification in Kenya?
The CE Marking certification in Kenya has six simple, but necessary steps to complete to enable you to CE Mark your product.
- Identify the applicable directives
- Identify the applicable requirements of the directives
- Identify an appropriate route to conformity
- Assessment of the product’s conformity
- Compile the technical documentation
- Make a declaration and affix the CE MARK
Benefits of CE MARK Certification in Kenya
Only safe, flawless, and quality goods should be available on the market – that’s the objective of the CE mark certification in Kenya. The mark proves that the product in question conforms to health and safety standards, whether it’s toys or construction machines. Following are some benefits at a Glance
- The CE logo on the product gives the assurance of the unparalleled safety and protection to the users
- Reduce liability for your company with documented safety standards
- Improve the quality and safety of your products
- Take advantage of short audit times and our extensive experience
- Expose your product to markets around the world
How to avail CE MARK Consulting and Certification Services in Kenya?
CE MARK Certification and Compliance is a highly accepted and desirable requirement in Kenya because of the country’s popular economic, political and cultural reputation. Though the decision to avail our services is yours, here is how to get CE MARK Consulting and Certification in Kenya. Drop an enquiry to us and we will assign a dedicated expert who will provide a free consultation on the process and give a cost proposal suiting your exact requirement and budget. We provide CE MARK Certification and Consulting services in Kenya and in prominent regions like Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Malindi, Thika, Kakamega, Nyeri, Kitale, Lamu, Naivasha, Garissa, Kericho, Nanyuki, Meru etc.W