HIPPA Compliance and Certification – Saudi
What is HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Compliance and Certification in Saudi
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information. HIPAA’s intent was to reform the healthcare industry by reducing costs, simplifying administrative processes and burdens, and improving the privacy and security of patients’ health information. Today HIPAA compliance and certification in Saudi mainly revolves around the last item: protecting the privacy and security of patients’ health information.
HIPPA Compliance is an International standard that details out the prerequisites related to a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
The HIPAA compliance and certification in Saudi requires covered entities to implement security measures to protect ePHI. There are three types of safeguards that you need to implement: administrative, physical and technical.
- Administrative safeguards are the policies and procedures that help protect against a breach. Administrative protections ensure that the physical and technical protections are implemented properly and consistently.
- Physical safeguards make sure data is physically protected. They include security systems and video surveillance, door and window locks, and locations of servers and computers.
- Technical safeguards are the technology and related policies that protect data from unauthorized access. Each covered entity needs to determine which technical safeguards are necessary and appropriate for the organization in order to protect its ePHI.
Quality Catalyst is one of the best consulting firms that offer HIPPA Compliance and Certification in Saudi. Keeping your health information secure is an ongoing process, and making security part of your office routine requires diligence. But it’s the only way to protect your patients’ information and to protect your organization from fines and penalties. So Get started on your road to HIPAA compliance today.
STEPS to achieve HIPPA Compliance and Certification in Saudi
In times of widespread concern about cyberattacks and phishing attempts, it turns out that there’s a clear roadmap to protect your business from malicious hackers — your business only needs to pursue HIPPA Compliance and Certification.
- STEP 1: Designate a HIPAA privacy and security officer
- STEP 2: Develop and implement HIPAA policies and procedures
- STEP 3: Provide HIPAA training to all staff members.
- STEP 4: Have business associate agreements (BAAs) in place with all contractors or vendors
- STEP 5: Complete a security risk analysis (SRA) to determine the current state of HIPAA compliance.
Benefits of HIPPA Compliance and Certification in Saudi
HIPAA Compliance and Certification in Saudi can provide more than just simple benefits – it can provide business owners of all types with solid protection against serious loss. This is especially true for companies that work with pharmaceuticals or healthcare-related equipment. Following are some of the benefits
- With HIPAA, you are provided a guaranteed methodology for ensuring each member of your organization understands how to keep patients PHI safe, secure, and private.
- HIPAA acts as physical protection for you and your employees against PHI related lawsuits as long as you adhere to its guidelines.
- HIPPA compliance winds up being a low-cost way of securing your company’s reputation and helping you to stand out from other healthcare organizations.
How to avail HIPPA Consulting and Certification Services in Saudi
HIPPA Compliance and Certification is a highly accepted and implemented standard in Saudi because of the country’s popular economic, political and cultural reputation. Though the decision to avail our services is yours, here is how to get HIPPA Consulting and Certification in Saudi. Drop an enquiry to us and we will assign a dedicated expert who will provide a free consultation on the process and give a cost proposal suiting your exact requirement and budget. We provide HIPPA Certification and Consulting services in Saudi and in prominent regions like Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Al khobar etc.