BRC is a GFSI-recognized certification method that is based on an international food safety management system standard. It lays out the steps that food processors must take in order to create a successful food safety management system. Food packaging producers, storage and distribution, and now agents and brokers have their own versions of the standard.
The standard’s criteria cover the critical aspects that must be in place for your company to produce safe products. Because many large manufacturers and merchants demand a GFSI approved certification, BRC Certification is a key factor when choosing a certification scheme. SQF and FSSC 22000 are two more well-known certification methods.
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety has been awarded to over 16,000 establishments globally. To be included to this list, you must create a management system that meets all of the standard’s requirements, hire a Certification Body to conduct a certification audit, and pass the audit to get certified. To keep your registration current, the Certification Body will conduct frequent audits of your organization.
Why Work With Quality Catalyst?
Following are some of the benefits of BRC certification:
- It safeguards your company’s name and reputation, as well as your clients.
- Allows you to conduct business with retailers, manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, and food service firms who require certification as part of their approval process.
- Assists in reducing product recalls, consumer complaints, and rejected items.
- To assure the safety and quality of goods, the company uses food safety management systems and globally acknowledged best practices.
- BRC Global Standards are used to conduct audits, which are carried out by qualified and competent certifying organizations.