ISO 22000 Certification and Consulting – Portugal
What is ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management System) Certification and Consulting Portugal
Food safety Management System is linked to the presence of food-borne hazards in food at the point of consumption. Since food safety hazards can occur at any stage in the food chain it is essential that adequate control be in place. Therefore, a combined effort of all parties through the food chain is required. ISO 22000 in Greece includes steps designed to prevent problems before they occur and to correct deviations through a systematic way as soon as they are detected.
ISO 22000 is an internationally recognized standard that combines the ISO9001 approach to food safety management and HACCP for the assurance of food safety at all levels. The standard maps out how an organization can demonstrate its ability to control safety hazards to ensure that food is safe.
The ISO 22000 international standard specifies the requirements for a food safety management system in Portugal that involves the following elements:
- interactive communication
- system management
- prerequisite programs
- HACCP principles.
Critical reviews of the above elements have been conducted by many scientists. Communication along the food chain is essential to ensure that all relevant food safety hazards are identified and adequately controlled at each step within the food chain. This implies communication between organizations both upstream and downstream in the food chain. Communication with customers and suppliers about identified hazards and control measures will assist in clarifying customer and supplier requirements.
Quality Catalyst is one of the best consulting firms that offer ISO 22000 Certification and Consulting in Portugal. As the leader in professional training, we draw on our years of worldwide experience to provide effective learning and development opportunities. We make a difference to individuals, teams and businesses, nurturing talent and enabling continuous organizational progression. So get started on your road to ISO 22000 Certification today.
STEPS to achieve ISO 22000 Certification in Portugal
The ISO 22000 standard contains the specific requirements to be addressed by the Food Safety Management System. The standard requires food safety management system processes including:
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy for your organization. Setting objectives that will drive your company’s efforts to comply with this policy.
- Establishing a group of qualified individuals to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Having an emergency plan.
- Holding management review meetings to evaluate the performance of the FSMS.
- Providing adequate resources for the effective operation of the FSMS including appropriately trained and qualified personnel, sufficient infrastructure and appropriate work environment to ensure food safety.
- Establishing a corrective action system and control of nonconforming product.
- Establishing and maintaining and internal audit program.
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification in Portugal
An ISO 22000 Certification in Portugal will benefit producers and manufacturers, regulators and retailers and, most important of all, you and me, the consumers. Following are the benefits:
- Improved management and communication.
- Assurances on quality, reliability and safety.
- Decrease costs from withdrawals or recalls.
- Improved reputation and brand loyalty.
- Less food borne diseases.
- Better quality and safer jobs in the food industry.
- More efficient food safety hazard control.
How to avail ISO 22000 Consulting and Certification Services in Portugal
ISO 22000 Certification and Compliance is a highly accepted and desirable requirement in Portugal because of the country’s popular economic, political and cultural reputation. Though the decision to avail our services is yours, here is how to get ISO 22000 Consulting and Certification in Portugal. Drop an enquiry to us and we will assign a dedicated expert who will provide a free consultation on the process and give a cost proposal suiting your exact requirement and budget. We provide ISO 22000 Certification and Consulting services in Portugal and in prominent regions like Lisbon, Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia, Braga, Amadora, Queluz, Funchal, Coimbra, Almada, Rio Tinto, Aveiro, Viseu, Odivelas, Leiria, Faro, Ponta Delgada etc.